Welcome to part 3 of our series on effective B2B ad campaigns! Now that we’ve cleared up how you can scale up creative assets design, we can delve into the fascinating world of campaign ideation and setup. We believe in maintaining consistent messaging themes in quarterly campaign plans, but right now, we're all about sprint-based marketing because we've got plenty of experiments up our sleeves.
Sprint Planning Campaigns for Success
Our sprints typically last two to three weeks, and we keep things lightweight on the planning front. With the amount of work that goes into audience strategy and content production, the campaign plan simplicity is key. Each sprint comprises several essential components:
- Goal: Every sprint has a clear, quantifiable goal. We set our sights on reaching from X to Y by a specified timeframe.
- Hypothesis: We test a hypothesis to guide our experiments, helping us discover what works and what doesn't.
- Channels: We choose the platforms and channels where we'll run our experiments.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): These KPIs help us measure our progress and determine whether we've hit our goals.
We're well aware that most of our experiments will fail, but that's all part of the game. We expect one out of every three sprints to result in an evergreen strategy that we can use continuously, fine-tuning it along the way.
Sprint-based marketing can truly revitalize your growth strategy as it helps you read and respond to ever-changing customer behavior. Unlike quarterly planning, such an approach lets you identify and activate growth levers immediately, resulting in a more agile and customer-centric strategy.
A Real-Life Example
Let's take a closer look at a sprint currently in progress, Sprint Two. Our goal is to increase signups from 20 to 30 week over week by November 17th. The hypothesis driving this sprint is that optimizing all paid social campaigns for signups might reduce our reach within our target audiences, but it will ultimately yield better ROI. We're banking on ad platform algorithms to optimize content delivery.
Here are the key campaign plan KPIs for this sprint:
- Weekly signup trends
- First visit to signup elapsed time
- Cost per acquisition
Reviewing a Completed Sprint
After we've completed a sprint, it's time to reflect. Here's what we consider:
1. Campaign Plan vs Results: We share the outcomes of our sprint. The previous sprint may not have been a resounding success, but it had a medium level of efficiency measured by Return on Ad Spend (ROAS). Key metrics revealed that the cost per influenced website visit was $551, the cost per lead was $1.6K, and the cost per opportunity was also $1.6K. This high cost indicated that the leads we generated were highly qualified and demonstrated high intent.
2. Learnings and Observations: We highlight our observations. For example, we noted high-quality conversions of leads to opportunities and identified channels and campaigns that performed well. Additionally, we examined engagement levels and explored potential ad optimizations.
This iterative approach allows us to refine and optimize our growth loops continually. We aim to turn paid social into a growth engine for B2B, meaning that for every dollar spent on advertising, we generate more than one dollar in revenue.
In Part 5, we'll delve into the world of campaign measurement and attribution, while Part 4 will guide you through the step-by-step process of launching campaigns in different channels. Stay tuned for more insights on mastering B2B ad campaigns! 🚀
Use Primer to Unify Customer Data Across Channels
Primer can advance your sprint-based testing of disparate paid ad channels. It allows you to build as tight targeted audiences as you want and enrich them with missing data points to meet higher match rates across Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Google Ads. Just upload the existing ABM lists, and Primer will append missing contact and company-level data from a variety of trusted B2B data sources.
Leverage rich audience lists to test and improve your ad creatives on every accessible platform! Contact our team to request a free live Primer demo right now.